Memorial day is a solemn holiday for me. My grandfather was a veteran, he passed in 2007, and I usually think of him on holiday weekends such as this. Memorial day also marks the opening of the summer beach season in NJ. I also have lots of special Sea Isle City, NJ memories with my best friends. Needless to say, this may also be one of my favorite holidays. Just the sheer excitement of traveling to the beach for the first time of the year, walking the OCNJ boardwalk and eating Mac & Manco Pizza.
This weekend was no different, except a pool replaced the beach, because we were surrounded by friends. Milo and Lulu even enjoyed the holiday hanging by the pool. Although, too much horseplay sent Milo to the vet on Sunday, he seemed like he still had a great time.
Now all that consumes my life is moving, statistics class, and the GRE. I can't tell you how eager I am for August to get here lol Then most of this stress will fade a bit. Hopefully in a satisfactory ending. I can't wait to for the doggies to have their very own yard to run around. I will miss the pool but sneaking into an apartment pool is not a difficult task in this neighborhood. More to come my exploration of Tallahassee soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment