Sunday, May 8, 2011

Living for the run is not paying off these days


Now I know there are all kinds of runners out there. Fast runners, slow runners, beer runners, playful runners, trail runners, pace runners, joyful runners, and competitive runners but I am not quite certain what type of runner I am anymore. I've lost my runner's identity. In my HS and college years I was a competitive runner. I ran specifically for the trophy and the escapism I felt in between each race. I ran because I was a great runner. These days, running has not been the same. I know I could run my old PRs again, in my head at least, but my body does not agree. In fact my body is very vocal as to what it will and will not do. It has settled on every other day, and sprints preferably to distance. So what do I do to break this vicious cycle? Right now, I have no clue. But I am reading a new half marathon training guide and hoping for the best. I'll keep you posted on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment