Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome June!

June is my work month. Others seem to be planning summer vacations and small weekend getaways. That's just not my style anymore. I still have my STAT class from hell (of which I am doing well), I underestimated the sheer amount of homework involved. My nights have become study time and my lunch breaks are now gym time. There is about an hour of chit-chat saved for the hubs and a few minutes of cuddling left over for Lulu. I am a driven woman now! Or at least until July 17th. I have already registered for my next fall pre-requisite course. Survival of the fittest and the over-studied :)



I am happy to announce that I will undoubtedly see the NJ Shore this year! Mack & Manco Pizza (the best pizza ever made), the boardwalk, and the sounds of seagulls swarming  is in my future as I visit my family for my little brothers High School graduation in NJ.

There are a few things everyone should know about the SOUTH Jersey Shore:
  1. Snooki has never been there. I have never seen any cast member at the Jersey shore and hope I never will. (I love their show but they would not fit the norm there).
  2. We hate Shoobies and the way they drive. The passing lane in on the left people! You can't stay there, that's why it's called the PASSING lane.
  3. Beach tags are a must but can be avoided.
  4. Mack & Manco Pizza is the ONLY pizza on the boardwalk as far as every resident New Jerseyan is concerned
  5. Don't go in the water during Jellyfish season. That just never ends well...
  6. Never do back-flips off the lifeguard stand at night. The patrol cops frown upon that I guess. (long story)
  7. Don't stand on the large pipes on the beach, the water coming out of them is not your friend. And may cause you to lose out on a date from the smell on your clothes
  8. OCNJ is Mako shark capital of the north. They are not the nice sharks that only bite to take off an arm or leg, they will eat you!
  9. Always stop at Cloud 9 for the cute cheap summer clothes
  10. The Ferris wheel has held a special place in my heart since I was a child. Always, always take at least one ride. You can see the coast line from Atlantic City to Avalon at the top!
Fresh pictures of the Jersey Shore to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment