Sunday, June 19, 2011

Graduation Vacation

Union Lake in its glory

My NJ Graduation Vacation has come and gone. They say "You can never go home" and I find this is truer every year that I visit NJ. Nothing ever seems to be the same as when you left it, go figure! Regardless, it was nice to see my family and friends that could take time out of their daily routine to see me.

My BFF (KQ) was gracious enough to be my driving buddy (19 hours) from Tallahassee to NJ. We discovered that D.C. traffic is a force to be reckoned with. Then, based on some wonderful advice from Jen, decided to take the scenic 322 route avoiding both Richmond and D.C. There are many very intriguing towns along that road, such as PoMonkey. I wonder who came up with that name :)

I recall having a realization somewhere around Elmer, NJ. I gazed upon the scenary and realized that Cumberland county has some serious farming going on. Sure, when you live there you notice a couple of farms, but really, I have NEVER noticed soo many farms and Trees! Wow! The trees could contend with that in Tallahassee for sure.

After arriving in Millville and getting a full nights rest in comfy beds, KQ and I were able to tackle the first check mark on my agenda, OCNJ. The sun was shining and the Mac's pizza was unbelievable! And no one can beat 10 cent ski ball on the boardwalk. Later in the week, we visited our favorite garlic haven, Olympia, the Vineland Greek Restaurant. The tzatziki was well worth the wait.

Congratulations goes out to my lil brother Daniel, who graduated from MHS last week. Welcome to the new reality of life after high school! I could not believe how packed our little High Schools football facility was that day. Five hundred six students graduated that day, and my only hope is that MHS can keep up with the insurmountable crowd in the coming years as this number increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment