Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome back August!

Noticed this when driving to work a few days ago...is it Balloon season already?
 I love it when a new month starts. Especially in Florida. I don't get the same foreboding feeling in the pit of my stomach, as I did up north, with the realization that summer is almost over. Why? Because August does not signify the same things in Florida as it does in NJ. Here are a few things August does not signify to me: end of summer, the end of vacation, the beginning of school, the end of the green grass, the beginning of jellyfish season, or the beginning of cooler fall temps. As you can see these are some of my most hated endings/beginnings. No, August just means the beaches will start to thin out for us hardcore beach goers who actually bask in the 100 degree weather. There will be more parking available, more soft sandy spots to lay my towel, and more room to float around in the current.

With that said, I have had quite a strange week. The balloon was just the beginning of it. I do have a few activities to start later this month, one of them being my A&P II online course. I'm now in the process of locking down the class and all the necessities that go with it.

I'm also still recovering from my surgery. Each week I get a little stronger, but I'm still not 100% yet. I can feel the fatigue in my muscles when I step off a cardio machine after 10 minute intervals. Tough Mudder is less than four months away, which will be the highlight of my year if I can actually force my body to heal so that I can train for the 12 miles of torture. Why is it that I am paying a company to torture me? For a t-shirt!

Nevertheless, I hope I can get through this funk in one piece. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment