Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So much to do and nothing to talk about

It's been a while since my last post. Typically my reasoning is scheduling or obvious lack of motivation. However, this week has been different. There have been plenty of things keeping me busy such as work, the hubby, and the pups, but throw a job search, college course, and moving preparations into the mix and my entire life exploded.

The pre- and post interview preparation alone has knocked off about 5 years from my life and stolen my soul. I understand that there are a LOT of people out there looking for jobs right now. We're in a recession. I comprehend the dangers of joblessness. But I have no choice, and I MUST jump into the lake of jobs/fire with the other lost souls. Lucky me! I can even sympathize with those who are conducting the job interviews...to a point. I am certain that you see hundreds of applications a day and don't really read them. I can look beyond that. But can you look beyond my nervous twitch when I notice there are ten people interviewing me all at once and on a time constraint. And, by the way, there really is no need to act genuinely nice and put hope in a certain person's heart, then smash it with a huge Galligher hammer when you either do not call back (like a guy that never calls after one date) or re-post the position, without a simple thank you for coming. That actually hurts a certain person's feelings! (hypothetically mine).

Phew, I really needed to get that off my chest...The course (A&P II) has been coming along well so far. I study every free minute I have to spare and hope for the best. I just want to get through this one. It's my vendetta.

Moving has also been quite the chore, but that will soon come to a hilt as our move-in date is getting closer. I scheduled myself for three days of backbreaking packing, two sleepless nights, and one day of pure hell on boxes. I think it will work out Super Great! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment