Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Singled out...by the Flu


Masks won't help the attack of the virus!


Gee, thanks for breaking my healthy streak Mr. Virus!
 I vaguely remember the game show "Singled Out" starring Jenny McCarthy as host on MTV, way back in the '90s. It was so exciting to see the contestant choose the right girl/guy based on their answers to a few very strange questions. Well, this kind of Singled Out does not bring me the same joy. I was apparently singled out by a bug similar to the Flu. The doctor even went so far to tell me that I may be the only case in the state of Florida at the moment. Why can't I be so lucky when I play the lottery?

I've also noticed a trend during my last few doctors appointments. Marketing flyers displayed in the exam room, and word of mouth from friends, has proven that doctors have gone cold turkey on giving prescriptions. I noticed signs from CHP stating that patients "may not want to rush to get to the doctor" if they have a virus or the flu because antibiotics will not help. This I can understand, but why is it that doctors won't even give you a prescription to ease the symptoms. I was told to buy Sudafed. Have we really gone back in time that far?! So basically I'm told that unless the fluid in my chest and ears turns into an infection, or better yet pneumonia, I won't be treated. That makes perfect sense! I am going back to eastern medicine, where it promotes maintaining and obtaining health instead of waiting for your body to degenerate.

1 comment:

  1. Adda girl!
    Eastern all the way!
    Unless you are impaled by a rake through your kidney, of course... then WESTERN ALL THE WAY!

    :)
    Hope you are feeling better!!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete