Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Salad, Salad Everywhere but not a drop to eat

Courtesy of http://thecrepe.com/crepe-story.html
Let me start by saying that this is the first time in my entire life that I have chosen to only eat nothing but wonderfully green leafy vegetables daily. So far, I have to say that this has been a nice change. Not only do I feel more awake and alive but I'm gaining a clearer understanding of why I sat through an entire semester of nutrition classes way back in college. They might be onto something there!

This has also been my first experience with a healthy fast-food restaurant. Is that an oxymoron? And no, the vegan ethiopian restaurant in Philly did not count (I have my reasons). So far I rate the Crepe-Vine a 7 out of 10. The salads I have consumed there have been overall tasty. Also, I have gotten exactly what I expected to get, which is usually not as common with a salad joint. My only issue is the variation of the salads. Most of them have the same ingrediants, just different levels. I should really learn to be less picky lol I just remember the good ole days of UD and the Salad Station. The waitress at the counter would combine anything your heart desires into a salad, weigh it, and send you to a comfortable corner table where you could chow down in peace. I loved that place! Regardless, I will most likely take any visitors to the Crepe-Vine without worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment