Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to Tally...now grab your walking stick

I believed in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, even tinkerbell (what can I say...I clapped my hands and my parents shaded a flashlight behind a pillowcase, it worked). However, when I was confronted with the idea of hills in Florida, I fell back on my denial. I thought to myself, "it's still Florida. There can't be that many hills. There will be sun and beach for me to frolick.I got this!" I never took into account that this was indeed southern Georgia and NOT Florida. Yes, rolling hills, mossy trees and humidity so strong you can hang your hat on it, is indeed Georgia. They may call this Florida-- keeping in mind this is the state capitol of politicians and perjury-- but they lie, it's their job!

So you may ask how my first six months in Tallahasse have gone. And I may answer, fine. But anyone that knows me can see the deprivation in my eyes. Yes, I have learned to cope. But when you go out on a Monday night (in a college town, no less) at 9:00 pm for a pizza and a beer just to get you through the night, and find three closed signs on three glass doors, you begin to wonder how you will survive. How will I survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment